Sunday, March 30, 2008

Balboa

We were thrilled to hear that my cousin Stephanie and her husband James were going to be in town last weekend. Stephanie grew up in a town near my hometown so we have always been close. It was fun to get to know James before we moved away. They came down to visit her family and have a vacation. We were tickled that they wanted to see us. I actually think James just wanted to see the boys and see if they'd talk about body parts or bodily functions.

We met them at Balboa Beach. It was a ton of fun!

James played Frisbee and badminton with the boys for a while. Well, you cannot actually play the game with them - rather you just hit the ball, they scream with delight, and then you have to go pick the ball back up and hit it again. James was a good sport:


Steph's Mom (my Aunt Cindy) and sister Stacey were there when we first got there. It was fun to get caught up on the whole family:



We couldn't wait to start the campfire though. It was fun to sit around, chat, watch the boys' delight in such simplicity (hot dogs and fire), and enjoy a little bit of nature.

The boys treated us to an original song:


Thanks Steph and James! We had a glorious time!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At March 31, 2008 at 10:55 AM , Blogger Andrea said...

I can see the family resemblance in you and your cousin! And I love the fire song, and how you gave them some nice applause to wrap it up there at the end. :) (Not that I wanted it to end, just that I have done that myself so many times with my own little composers.)

 
At March 31, 2008 at 1:19 PM , Blogger Albanie said...

Sounds like a fun day! I love the song! Typical boys- love fire! Kael is way into candles right now. It's kinda my fault. I was trying to do some shadows on the wall just to do something different for story time and I think it was love at first sight. The danger, the brightness- it was making him so happy. :)

 
At March 31, 2008 at 1:53 PM , Blogger TJ said...

you really need to post those pics bigger!!

 
At April 1, 2008 at 5:28 PM , Blogger amelia said...

What a fun beach day! I would comment about the song but can't get youtube to cooperate with me today...

 
At April 1, 2008 at 5:29 PM , Blogger amelia said...

...and just got youtube to work. Hmmm...is "We have a fire!" available in a ringtone?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home