Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Surf & Turf

I started this blog back on February 23rd! So the date this actually occurred (the 'Last Wednesday' as I reference it below) was February 20th. Still, I wanted to get this on record for the one day that I actually use Blurb and print this blog into a book.

Last Wednesday we had quite the adventure! Aunt Patti had the day off and arranged for the boys and I to go to the Aquarium of the Pacific with her. Since Goosey is in town she joined us for a wild wet aquatic day! I missed the first part of the aquarium - for good reason! My brother Neal works downtown Long Beach (how fun!) and we met for a brother/sister lunch date. It was so much fun. That's another story though.

When I caught up with the crew they were getting ready for lunch. The boys were loving the aquarium. Lunch proved entertaining since Walker's mood looked like this:

Still, after everyone got a little food in their bellies we wandered back through the aquarium. The boys were anxious to show me all of the things I had missed in my absence.

The fish in the fresh water tank were a hit with Will...especially because every once and
a while a run of fresh water would pour down the canyon (you can see it behind him)
and most of the other aquarium visitors would be surprised!

Both boys, not to mention all three of us ladies, loved the deep sea tank.
Wow. Talk about perspective.

Walker was a HUGE fan of the puffins.
He even had conversations with them through the glass.

Giant crabs. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Of course Walker was thrilled to spray people!

Goosey even dared to get fresh with the sting rays!

What a glorious day!

5 Comments:

At March 26, 2008 at 9:55 PM , Blogger Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

i love walker's face in the pic where you are holding him. it's just precious.

 
At March 27, 2008 at 10:57 AM , Blogger Diana said...

Great pictures! Good to see you blogging again, woman.

 
At March 27, 2008 at 10:59 AM , Blogger Walker said...

What a lot of fun!

 
At March 28, 2008 at 6:51 AM , Blogger Albanie said...

Looks like so much fun! Wish we were there with you! Goosey and Patti are a great combo! Okay, this is crazy because I have the same exact stroller as you!! Don't you love it??? I do!

 
At April 1, 2008 at 5:34 PM , Blogger amelia said...

Isn't this aquarium awesome? I love the bat ray tank. Ha, also love Patti - her facial expression in Walker's freak-out picture is just awesome.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home