Friday, March 21, 2008

Mornings

Mornings are an absolutely magical time. At this moment, aside from the typing of my fingers, I can hear the soft noises of awakening coming from the boys room, the gleeful chirps of birds outside, and a train horn in the distance. Each of these makes me grateful that I rolled out of bed early to herald in the day my own way. A chat with a friend, passing words with my Mom, a chapter read in my book, and time to type out some thoughts.

I have missed blogging as much as you have missed reading our blog. Or maybe it's a little more for me.

I am glad though for the perspective I have been given by not being on the computer each morning. Last week, for example, I sat on the couch deeply consumed by a book. At one point I looked up and found myself staring at Will, who had crawled out of bed to find me reading. I asked if he wanted to snuggle with me and he did. First though he ran and grabbed his own book. We sat on the couch, the two of us immersed in our reading, until his belly reminded him of other things.

That same week I found myself at the table, sipping my chocolate Instant Breakfast, and flipping through a catalog for classes at the church Eric and I have been going through. With typical Walker pizazz, the bedroom door slammed open and he appeared. Still groggy, with tousled blond hair he waddled into the hall. And then, a miracle. Saying nothing to me, in fact barely acknowledging my presence, he shuffled down the hall and into the bathroom. He closed the door and proceeded to do his thing. All by himself. No urging or direction from me. As he walked down the hall back towards me, ready for his morning cuddles, I could not have been more proud. It also made me keenly aware that his is growing up. So while I held him, nestled up close to me as if he were two weeks old, my heart rejoiced that I still have moments like this. It will not be long before cuddling with me will be old news.

So my blogger friends, it is with this post that I say we are back! Our weeks, like yours, have been full and exciting. I cannot wait to post pictures of our Balboa trip, bike rides, the Zoo trip, Spring celebrations, gluten-free healthy Easter food, and all of the other random pictures I took knowing that I wanted to blog about them. Those will have to wait just a little bit longer...I can hear the boys out of their beds and the best part of my morning is about to begin.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At March 26, 2008 at 11:31 AM , Blogger Andrea said...

Glad to have another peek into your life. Can't wait to see some pics!

 
At March 26, 2008 at 8:22 PM , Blogger Walker said...

Glad to have you back cousin! I have missed reading all about your fantastic adventures. I too get sad in the thought of when my boys will not cuddle with me. Antonio is started to do that, but I have to remind him that I still need love. If they could always look at me as they do now.

 
At April 1, 2008 at 5:36 PM , Blogger amelia said...

:) Happy you are backed. And impressed with your blogging break - I need that kind of will-power.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home